After experiencing so much personal tragedy, I’ve learned a lot and would like to take a moment to share. It may help someone out there.
I used to get annoyed, angry and hurt whenever I discovered someone I loved kept a secret from me. I have come to realize that their secret really has nothing to do with me. If it did, they would have shared it with me. The reason the person kept it a secret has more to do with them and not me.
I’ve also learned I can not control how other people view or feel about me. When I accepted this, it gave me so much freedom. Here’s a list of truths that may be obvious and cliché but others may not have even realized:
- You live for you
- You don’t live for others
- You speak YOUR truth
- You can’t control what other people think, so why would you worry about other people’s thoughts?
- You’re own worst enemy is yourself
- No one or anything is holding you back from obtaining your goal except for YOU.
- You are responsible for your own happiness- JUST YOU- No one else- YOU.
- You are NOT responsible for making someone else happy.
- Other people’s happiness is their own responsibility.
- Treat people the way you want to be treated
- You can NOT save anyone who doesn’t want to save themselves.
- Own up to your mistakes. Give a genuine and authentic apology.
- You have to FORGIVE YOURSELF- you can not control whether or not someone forgives you. You can only control whether or not you forgive yourself.
- STOP holding yourself back from doing something that is embedded in your heart and soul.
- You have ONE life. ONE.
- Be grateful and thankful.
- Breakaway from toxic relationships and activities!
- Only YOU are stopping YOU from being the best YOU can be.
- Do NOT compare yourself to other people. Their path is theirs, not yours.
- Say “NO” when you mean it. And guess what? You don’t have to provide an explanation, reason, or excuse.
- Say “YES!” when it truly is right in your soul!
- YOU be YOU.
- IT IS OKAY